Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Demographics/Target Publication for Feature Article

Name of Magazine: ESPN the Magazine www.espnthemag.com

Demographics:

Total # of readers: Whoever wants to read it
Gender: Geared toward sports fans so mostly males but not to disclude female sports fans
Age Range: There are sports fans of all ages so no particular age group
HHI: It should be pretty affordable for just about anyone
Education Level: It will be put into terms that the average fan can understand


My idea is to write an article about the need for a salary cap in Major League Baseball. Guys like the heat of battle and competition so I would talk about how a salary cap would make the league more balanced and therefore create more exciting playoff races and ultimately put an end to all these postseason sweeps. The last few postseasons have not had more than one or two exciting series out of seven total series.

2 comments:

  1. I think that would be a really interesting topic to cover. I'm sure what some people make in the major leagues is outrageous. Are you going to try to find points of view from the other side of spectrum? Are there any people who like that there is not a cap on salary, excluding the players of course?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a great idea for an article. I know this is talked about a lot in sports, but I don't know a whole lot about it. I think this would be great and definitely a new perspective in this controversy.

    ReplyDelete